Tune It Up! is a digital music toy that allows players to create a short composition using a drag and drop interface. There are 3 themes to choose from, each with a unique set of art and musical notes, as well as random events that can start a score-based mini-game or change the composition's tempo.
This project's creation was funded by the Iowa City Public Library and the primary development target was a 1080p touch-enabled table housed in the children's area of the library. For the best experience, we recommend running the app on a touchscreen large enough for multiple players to collaborate, but if you don't have a touch device available, you can still enjoy most of the functionality using a mouse.
For the library's purposes, an "Administrator Menu" can be opened at any time by pressing Ctrl+Shift+A. This menu allows certain game options to be set and allows the user to manage saved compositions. Additionally, a "Debug Menu" can be opened by pressing Ctrl+Shift+D.
If you are interested in using Tune It Up! in a public space (such as a public library), please let us know!
- Tap anywhere on the grid to spawn a note
- Tap and drag from one of the four note "containers" to spawn a corresponding note, release to place it on the grid
- Tap and drag any existing notes to reposition them on the grid or drop them off-grid to delete them
- Double tap one of the four containers to designate that container as the "active" one (notes generated by tapping on grid will come from the "active" container)
- Tap the THEME button to change themes
Funded by the Iowa City Public Library
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.