UPDATE 2/26/16 - I know I said we were done with PAROLEBALL, but I guess I lied! I've updated the game with some minor fixes and gameplay tweaks:
- Removed player health mechanic
- Added Hi-Score display to track your personal best
- Added "Controls" overlay for gamepad (shows automatically on game start, can be toggled back on/off with Y between rounds)
- Fixed enemies not spawning after balls come back from parole
- Fixed miscellaneous audio lag issues
PAROLEBALL is still nowhere near a "completed" state and I still don't have further plans to update it (these fixes were just simple and relatively quick to implement), but hey, if you like the game, maybe leave a comment and tell us if you want more. :)
Virtually Competent's Ludum Dare 31 Jam Entry!
I present to you, after less than 72 hours of work (which included very little playtesting/balancing): PAROLEBALL!
IN THE FUTURE, robots rule the world...but they also get arrested sometimes, too. In PAROLEBALL, you're fighting for a chance at freedom...or maybe just so the guards have something to do.
Who knows? Well, maybe you will if you can get a high score in PAROLEBALL!
Controls (Xbox 360 Gamepad, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED):
- Start button - Spawn ball
- Right trigger - Launch ball
- Right/Left bumpers - Flippers
- Left trigger - Slow Mode (can be used for a total of 10 seconds per ball)
- Right stick - Shoot
- Left stick - Influence ball movement (more effective in Slow Mode)
Controls (Keyboard, NOT AS GOOD SORRY):
- Spacebar - Spawn ball
- Shift - Launch ball
- Z/X - Flippers
- Hold C - Slow Mode (can be used for a total of 10 seconds per ball)
- Hold Left Click + Mouse Aim - Shoot
- Hold Right Click + Move Mouse - Influence ball movement (more effective in Slow Mode)
PAROLEBALL is still fairly rough in its current state and there may be some bugs/things that just don't work super great. Unfortunately, we largely decided to move on to other projects and PAROLEBALL will not likely have any more major updates (but anything is possible)!
|Published||Dec 09, 2014|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Release date||Dec 08, 2014|
|Made with||Construct 2|
|Tags||Ludum Dare 31, Physics, pinball, Robots, Score Attack, Twin Stick Shooter|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.