NOTE: This is a major work in progress! The original build was made in a week for the 7DRL Challenge, but a number of updates have been made since.
Ever since you were a child, you've been obsessed with tales of the Infinity Nebula...an amalgam of drifting metal and rock that is rumored to contain great riches...and even greater peril. Rumors say the floating structures contained within it seem to be constantly moving and reorganizing themselves, almost as if to confuse and trap any pilot stupid enough to enter the nebula.
Of course, rumors also say there's a network of one-eyed slime creatures that travel freely throughout the nebula and corner the market with their performance enhancing hard candies, so any sane person should probably take all this with a grain of salt.
Luckily (or unluckily, depending on who you ask), you're no sane person! Now that you're old enough to get your pilot's license, it's time to achieve your childhood dream of
eating all the forbidden candy mapping out one of the galaxy's greatest mysteries. Let's go!
- Shift - Start/Pause the game
- Z - Shoot
- X - Activate Magnet
- C - Cycle through powerups/bombs
- Space - Use selected powerup/bomb
Controls (Xbox 360 Gamepad):
- Start - Start/Pause the game
- X button - Shoot
- A button - Activate Magnet
- L/R bumpers - Cycle through powerups/bombs
- Y button - Use selected powerup/bomb
Tips and Tricks:
- After destroying enemies, activate your magnet to pull credits towards you...collecting a bunch in quick succession will earn you a huge bonus!
- Sometimes enemies will drop powerups, but crates are guaranteed to have a powerup in them every time! Of course, selling crates at the shop might work out better for you...
- You can't tell what a powerup does until you try it or take it to a shop to get it identified. Be careful - they're not always good!
- Shops are guaranteed to appear every 5 sectors, but may also appear in normal sectors if you're lucky. Be sure to buy some Movement Ups if you want to survive the speed increase every sector!
- Be sure to post your score to Twitter at the end the round to show the other pilots who's boss!
Nebulous Infinity was made in a week's time for the 7 Day Roguelike Challenge. We've done a lot of work on it since then, but it's still very much in development.
Programming by Izzy Neuhaus
Art by Clover Greenhalgh
Music by Reid Turner
Created with Scirra Construct 2
Sprite font from OpenGameArt.org
Sound effects made with Bfxr