Crystal Control II
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
The crystals return!
Crystal Control II is the follow-up to one of our most successful releases. The original game, released in 2014, was a competitive game for two local players with some bullet hell elements. Because that core gameplay seemed to resonate so well with the fans, we decided to stick pretty closely to the original formula for the sequel...but with some interesting new twists!
- Local multiplayer action for two! Fight for control of the crystals to gain more firepower and take out your opponent...you only need to get one hit on them to win!
- Easy to learn, hard to master! We've seen players of all skill levels pick up the game and understand it's simple controls. Don't let the simplicity fool you, though! The skill ceiling can be quite high, giving room for the competitive folks to shine.
- Eight playable characters! Each character has different movement speeds, charge shots, and "Control" abilities (which can be executed after capturing more than half of the total crystals on-screen)!
- Solo practice mode! Crystal Control II was designed from the ground up as a competitive game for two players, but if you don't have a friend nearby you can still enjoy our new target practice mode. try to get a high score on every stage!
This game is best enjoyed with one or more gamepads!
Crystal Control II is best played with two gamepads, but the game also includes two alternate modes if you only have one (keyboard vs gamepad or shared single gamepad).
Unfortunately, it's impossible to play the Versus mode of Crystal Control II with keyboard only. Most keyboards have a limit on simultaneous key presses that is much too low for the number of keys Crystal Control II would require (which means that key presses would be dropped randomly and create unfair matches).
Solo Mode, however, is playable with either a gamepad or a keyboard.
- Analog Stick/D-Pad - Navigate Character and Stage Select screens
- A button - Select a character/stage
- B button - Cancel selection/exit menu
- Y button - Toggle display of character specific skill information
- Back button - Exit to desktop (from main menu screen)
- Analog Stick/D-Pad - Move up/down
- A button - Fire L1 bullet/"Ready" for next round
- Hold A button - Charge
- Release A button - Fire L2 or L3 bullet (depending on charge time)
- X button - Activate "Control" ability (only available if you "own" 7 or more crystals)
- Hold Back button - Exit to Character Select (both players must hold for 3 seconds)
- Arrow Keys - Navigate Character and Stage Select screens
- Z - Select a character/stage
- X - Cancel selection/exit menu
- C - Toggle display of character specific skill information
- ESC - Exit to desktop (from main menu screen)
- Arrow Keys - Move up/down
- Z - Fire L1 bullet/"Ready" for next round
- Hold Z - Charge
- Release Z - Fire L2 or L3 bullet (depending on charge time)
- X - Activate "Control" ability (only available if you "own" 7 or more crystals)
- Hold ESC - Exit to Character Select (both players must hold for 3 seconds)
Programming by Eric Neuhaus (@donkeyspaceman)
Design by Michael Connolly (@Shin_Hogosha)
Art by Colin Greenhalgh (@CuddlyColin) & Alexis Bogue (@SACTigerfeet)
Music by Reid Turner (Bandcamp)
Sound Design by Derek Andes (@derekandes)
Countdown Voiceover by Roxy Du
Created with Scirra Construct 2
|Published||1 year ago|
|Release date||1 year ago|
|Tags||Bullet Hell, Fast-Paced, gamepad, Local multiplayer, Multiplayer, Pixel Art, Shoot 'Em Up|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||XBox 360 controllers|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files: