Dikdik: A-Grazing Treasure Hunter
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Dikdik is seeking buried treasure, but her eyesight isn't so good...maybe you can help her out? Take a leisurely stroll in free mode or try to get a high score in Timed Mode!
Made in 48 hours for the Teacart 1k, Dikdik: A-Grazing Treasure Hunter makes use of your SHARECART1000-compatible save data!
- WASD/Arrow Keys to move
- Spacebar to graze
- ESC to pause (in Free Mode only)
How to play:
- Guide Dikdik around the field and seek out odd-looking tiles. Graze on the tiles to uncover buried treasure!
- In Timed Mode, you have one minute to get as many points as you can through treasure pickups. Bonus points are awarded for being quick and thorough.
- In Free Mode, you can uncover buried treasure at your leisure, but no points are awarded.
- Treasure variety and background music will change based on your SHARECART1000 save, so be sure to play more than once!
- Pausing is disabled in Timed Mode, partially because of a bug, but also so you can't cheat by pausing to get a better look at the screen!
- There is no "proper" way to exit the game; you must use the "X" button on the window.
SHARECART1000 users: DAGTH reads your o_o.ini file upon starting a run and each time you load a new screen. It writes back to your file only when you exit a screen, finish a "Timed Run", or pause during "Free Play".
I used Scirra Construct 2 to make this game, so I had to build my own SHARECART1000 support from scratch. It may not be the most efficient, but it seems to work pretty well. If you're also a Construct 2 user, you can download the framework I put together in a capx file and create your own SHARECART1000 compatible games.
Mac and Linux users: I haven't tested the Mac and Linux builds personally, so it may be wise to make a backup of your o_o.ini if you want to try them out. I don't anticipate any issues, but better safe than sorry, right?
Programming by Izzy Neuhaus
Art by Clover Greenhalgh
Music by Reid Turner
Created with Scirra Construct 2
Sound effects made with Bfxr
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Feb 22, 2015|
|Tags||Procedural Generation, Relaxing, teacart1k, Top-Down|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.