The Skullshot Experience
This is a work in progress level editor for Skullshot, a game we originally created in 2014! Due to the nature of these modes and the way the game's code has evolved throughout their creation, we've decided to release each of them as separate components for now. Our long-term plan is to combine them all into a single, complete game and likely sell it for few bucks, so enjoy this stuff while it's free!
- Spacebar - Begin testing mode (while in editing mode)
- Q - Return to editing mode (while in testing mode)
- Left click icons on toolbar/number keys 1-8 - Select a platform/enemy type to place
- Left click in level area - Place selected platform/enemy
- Right click in level area - Remove placed platform/enemy
- You can drag placed enemies or three block platforms around after they've been placed. Enemies will display the radius in which chaining is possible when dragged, so you can make sure your distances are properly set up. Three block platforms can be grabbed on either side and rotated.
- You can save/load levels locally using the controls on the right side of the editor tab and import levels from a local file or a URL on the import tab.
- You can export your own levels to ".skull" files on the export tab, but you must beat the level once to prove that it's possible. This will also save your best time to the file for those who import to know what the time to beat is.
- If you make your own level, be sure to share it on our community page!
The following was copied from the Skullshot Single Player description (with some minor tweaks).
- Skullshot is played with a mouse and keyboard, but we plan on supporting gamepads in the future!
- WASD moves Scully left and right, up and down!
- Left click to throw your skull and right click to drop or roll it!
- After losing your head, pull it back toward you by clicking either mouse button. Just make sure you're unobstructed and ready to catch it!
- Spacebar performs a melee attack if you're not interested in playing the game the way it was intended!
How to Play:
- Throw your skull at baddies to take them out! Destroy all the enemies in a level and you win!
- Playing someone else's level? Try to beat their best time!
- Try to keep your combo running! If your skull takes out an enemy and you don't pick it up after five seconds, you'll break your combo. It's the five second rule!
Tips and Tricks:
- Did you know? Your head is the smartest part of your body! Your skull will seek out nearby enemies after the first contact, so look for patterns!
- Maintain a high combo to keep your skull moving fast! You'll move a little faster without the weight, too!
- Man, you must have a really heavy head...looks like you can double jump while headless as well!
- You can only use the recall technique once per throw, but taking out an enemy will restore its use!
- Even if you're blocked by a surface, recalling your skull could give it that extra bounce it needs to hit another target!
|Published||325 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, HTML5|
|Release date||1 year ago|
|Tags||2D, Fast-Paced, Funny, halloween, Level Editor, Physics, Puzzle-Platformer, Side Scroller, skeletons, Time Attack|
|Average duration||A few minutes|
Click download now to get access to the following files: